01 Jul 2007 - 01 Dec 2007
Ukraine: Analysis of National Privatization Program
- Develop the propositions for updating and augmenting the draft of the State Program of Privatization that was prepared in 2003 but rejected by the Parliament.
- Develop the propositions for the strategy to makie a new version of this Program adopted.
- 1. Identifying the main bottlenecks in the continuation and accomplishment of privatization in Ukraine:
a. Privatization of land actually occupied by the entreprises that have already been privatized
b. Privatization to foreign investors
c. Legitimization of the results of privatization in the eyes of the wider populationd.
d. Political-economic factors of privatization and its accomplishment
- Analysis of these problems and development of the recommendations
- Preparing of the report and presentation (a round table for professionals in the SPFU, and a final round table with a public presentation)
Deliverables: the Project Report; materials of the round tables; published brochure
- Stimulation of the public and expert discussion on the issues of privatization and its final accomplishment;
- Offering of the solutions for some acute problems impeding the process of privatization - as a necessary step in unlocking and of this process and improving of its effectiveness;
- Making a way to adoption of the new Program.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs Of Poland