Advisory Mission to the government of Kyrgyzstan
This project, being a continuation of the first missions conducted in 1993-1994 was financed by the Open Society Institute.The advisory work included the following topics:
- monetary and fiscal policy
- macroeconomic forecasting
- social policy
- pension system
- privatization (assessment of the privatization program for the years 1998 to 2000, prepared by the State Property Fund)
- restructuring of enterprises
- reform of the banking sector
- reform of the health care system
- improving the tax system
- reform of public administration
- and also assessment of the investment climate.
Reports of CASE experts and CASE publications on Kyrgyzstan were regularly submitted to the President Administration, Government and relevant ministries, National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic and parliament. The results of CASE advisory work and policy recommendation were also presented during the meeting of Marek Dabrowski with President Askar Akaev in the end of November 1998.