Ukraine: Preparation of the strategy for social benefits monetization reform in Ukraine
The project aims at developing a strategy for the monetization of the social benefits system in Ukraine. Key problems in this field consist in poor targeting of vulnerable people and replacement of in-kind mechanism for direct monetary compensation. The issue of consistency of proposed new social benefits' mechanisms with available institutional background of Ukraine remains unresolved.
The project proposes the following steps:
- to analyze available reform strategies;
- to construct a comprehensive picture of the functioning of the social benefit system in Ukraine;
- to consider Russia's experience;
- to analyze the direct social benefits schemes applicable to current institutional background; and
- to make recommendations to the strategy of Ukraine's social benefits system reform.
The project is co-financed by the 2008 Polish aid programme of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Poland.
Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs