Building research and management capacity of economic NGOs in Montenegro
The goal of the project was to support the development of civil society in Montenegro through strengthening one of its pillars - the NGO sector. The project aimed to provide substantive and institutional assistance to several Montenegrin NGOs active in economic research (mainly for the Institute for Strategic Studies and Prognoses- ISSP from Podgorica). This support was provided in four activity blocks which were set up in close collaboration with the beneficiaries and were planned to improve research and institutional capacities after the completion of the project:
- Training of representatives of Montenegrin NGOs in modelling of economic processes
- Assistance to MONET - the economic quarterly of ISSP
- Research Collaboration between CASE and ISSP researchers
- A study tour of Montenegrin NGO representatives to Warsaw during which, in addition to continuation of training in economics, CASEl shared its knowledge in the area of institutional development, fund-raising, etc.
Types of services provided:
- Nine missions of CASE experts in Podgorica devoted to trainings, workshops and research cooperation with Montenegrin economists
- Study tour of Montenegrin economists in Warsaw
- Two working papers co-authored by CASE and ISSP researchers (to be published in Montenegro)
- Two issues of the quarterly MONET- Montenegro Economic Trends (to be published in Montenegro)
Programme: Polish Canadian Development Cooperation led by the Education for Democracy Foundation and financed by the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA).
Institute for Strategic Studies and Prognoses (ISSP)
Center for Entrepreneurship and Economic Development (CEED)
Center for Applied Research and Analyses (CARA)