- monetary and fiscal policies
- financial crises
- international financial architecture
- EU and EMU enlargement
- perspectives of European integration
- European Neighborhood Policy
- political economy of transition
- CASE Fellow,
- Professor, Higher School of Economics, Moscow,
- Member of the Scientific Council of the E.T. Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy in Moscow,
- Chairman of the Supervisory Board of CASE Ukraine in Kyiv (1999-2009, 2014 - present),
- Non-Resident Scholar, Bruegel, Brussels (2014 - present).
- CASE Co-founder, and CASE Supervisory Council Chairman and President,
- Member of the Monetary Policy Council of the National Bank of Poland (1998-2004),
- First Deputy Minister of Finance (1989-1990).