Urban farming and its socio-economic and environmental benefits for ensuring sustainable and inclusive growth in Jordan
Karolina Zubel, economist at CASE, will discuss Urban farming and its socio-economic and environmental benefits for ensuring sustainable and inclusive growth in Jordan at EuroMeSCo Annual Conference 2022: "Towards more social justice and inclusiveness in the Mediterranean"
Karolina Zubel will focus on the socio-economic, environmental, and ecological benefits of urban farms development in Jordan from a sustainability and inclusivity perspectives. She will raise the following questions:
- Is the development of urban farming a means to mitigate the climate-induced risks?
- Is the development of urban farms linked to the societal context of Jordan?
- What are the key socio-economic, environmental, and ecological implications of such developments?
- What are the stakeholders’ perceptions of such a process and what is their level of convergence?
- Who are the intended beneficiaries, winners and losers and is there any mismatch on the ground?
- Who is involved or excluded from relevant decision-making processes and are these processes legitimate and inclusive for all stakeholders?
- What are the main governance challenges related to the urban farms’ development?
- What are the prospects of such developments within the perspective of the European Green Deal diplomacy?
More information on EuroMeSCo Annual Conference 2022: https://www.euromesco.net/event/country-event-jordan-towards-more-social-justice-and-inclusiveness-in-the-mediterranean/