- global economic governance
- financial crises
- economics of transition
Mark Allen is an international economist who has worked at the IMF for over forty years. He retired as Director of the Policy Development and Review Department in November 2008, but returned in May 2009 to work as Senior Resident Representative in Central and Eastern Europe until March 2013. He is a CASE Fellow and is also working independently on issues connected with international financial architecture, development assistance and Central and Eastern Europe.
- CASE Fellow
- Senior Resident Representative for Central and Eastern Europe (2009-2013),
- Working independently on issues connected with reform of the international financial architecture following the global financial crisis, and development assistance (2008-2009),
- Director, Policy Development and Review Department, IMF (2003-2008),
- Senior IMF Advisor and Deputy Director, Policy Development and Review Department (1998-2003),
- Senior IMF Resident Representative in Hungary (1996-1998),
- Senior Advisor, Policy Development and Review Department, IMF (1993-1996),
- Senior IMF Resident Representative in Poland (1990-1993),
- Assistant Director, International Capital Markets Division, Exchange and Trade Relations Department, IMF (1988-1990),
- Division Chief, African Department, IMF (1985-1987),
- Economist, and then Advisor, Exchange and Trade Relations Department, IMF (1974-1985).