Belarus on the road to the WTO: Problems and Prospects
The global objective of the “Belarus on the road to the WTO: Problems and Prospects” project is to strengthen an inclusive and empowered society in Belarus by supporting non-state actors and business and promoting participation of citizens in decision and policy making and contributing to the democratization process.
Project Structure and Involvement of CASE:
CASE and IPM - the project implementing institutions - are at the disposal of necessary analytical tools and have significant experience in reliable information and data provision for political decision-making related to economic and trade integration processes in Belarus and other post-soviet states. The project hopes to strengthen inter-sectoral cooperation in fostering public policies in Belarus.
The project is comprised of nine activities. Except for the final conference, those activities will be conducted in Belarus:
- Paper: WTO Accession and Economic Development: Experience of Newly Acceded Countries and Implications for Belarus
- Paper: Social impact of Belarus WTO accession
- Paper: Belarus’ WTO Accession: Impact on Domestic Business
- Surveys of enterprises with a special focus on private business
- Training of journalists
- Seminar/ roundtable on implications of WTO accession
- Publications in mass-media on the issue of implications of Belarus’ WTO accession
- Conference in Warsaw