An ex-ante study of a possible modernisation of the EU-Chile Association Agreement
The objective of this study is to provide a comprehensive ex-ante study of the effects of possible modernisation of the EU’s Association Agreement with Chile, overcoming the shortcomings on the previous assessment and taking into account the new world of trade relations.
Tasks to be completed:
• Task 1.Comprehensive description and short analysis of EU-Chile trade in goods and services/investment and public procurement flows/legal/policy frameworks
• Task 2. Review of similar studies on Chilean FTAs
• Task 3. Barriers to Agricultural Goods and Food
• Task 4. Barriers to Investment
• Task 5. Public Procurement
• Task 6. Economic Impacts of Removing Barriers to Trade/Investment/Procurement.
• Task 7. Impacts on the Rest of the World
• Tasks 8. . Literature Review of FTAs on workers and
• Task 9. Employment and Labour Market Analysis
• Task 10 Qualitative analysis of labour standards
• Task 11 Environmental Analysis
• Task 12. Impact analysis on SMEs.
• Task 13. Review of Literature of Impact on Consumers.
• Task 14. Impact analysis on Consumers
• Tasks 15/16/17. Human Rights Analysis
The study will:
• Identify the major changes which have occurred since the entry into force of the AA and which provide an incentive for modernising the EU-Chile FTA
• Identify and quantify all existing barriers for investment and public procurement
• Provide qualitative analysis on existing barriers for trade in agricultural goods and food between the EU and Chile
• Estimate the costs and benefits of removing barriers to participation in public procurement markets for producers, including specifically for SMEs and consumers in the EU and Chile
• Based on CGE modelling results provided by DG Trade, estimate the overall impact of modernising the EU-Chile FTA on trade and the economy of both partners (GDP, employment, wages, and output of key sectors)
• Estimate the potential impacts of modernising the EU-Chile FTA for third countries, especially developing countries and Least Developed Countries (LDCs)
• Analyse the potential social and environmental impacts of modernising the EU-Chile FTA
• Analyse the potential human rights impacts of modernising the EU-Chile FTA
European Commission, DG Trade